One-pot weeknight spaghetti
Recipe developed by greens & chocolate
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 28 ounces jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups water (plus up to ¾ cup more, added as you cook, see recipe notes)
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
- Parmesan cheese, for topping
- In large pot, brown the beef.
- When all beef is browned, remove from pot and set aside.
- Add olive oil to pot over medium-high heat and saute onion and bell pepper.
- Add garlic and saute one more minute.
- Season with salt.
- Add beef back to pot along with spaghetti sauce and water.
- Bring to a simmer and then add noodles. Submerge noodles in the sauce. As much as possible. Cook according to directions on package.
- If the sauce is too thick and the noodles are not cooked yet, add more water, ¼ cup at a time, up to ¾ cup more and cook until noodles are done.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.