Raspberry Green Tea Mocktail
This holiday season, we can’t get enough of this merry little mocktail developed by our Culinary Creative Director, Neil Bertucci. Whether you’re entertaining friends or just want to add a little pre-dinner sparkle to a dark, wintry night, this deeply refreshing drink is the perfect choice.
Tart pomegranate and cranberry juices give it a bright, cheery hue, green tea balances that tang with a subtle earthiness, and a splash of soda water adds festive fizz.
Serve it as-is, or, if you’d rather, you can add a bit of Hendrick’s gin to create a lovely holiday cocktail. Cheers!
Special equipment: cocktail shaker, mesh sieve
1 qt water
4 bags green tea
1 cup unsweetened cranberry juice
½ cup Pom Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
4 tsp honey
4 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
12 mint leaves, plus more for garnish
6 oz Hendrick’s Gin (optional)
8 oz club soda
Fresh cranberries, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and green tea bags. Bring to a rapid simmer. After 10 minutes, remove the tea bags. Continue simmering until the tea is reduced to 1 cup. Set aside to cool.
- To make one mocktail: In a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice, combine 2 ounces of the green tea reduction, 2 ounces cranberry juice, 1 ounce pomegranate juice, 1 teaspoon honey, and 3 mint leaves. Add 1 ½ ounces gin, if using.
- Shake for 15 seconds until chilled through and double strain into a rocks glass filled halfway with ice.
- Top with 2 ounces club soda. Garnish with fresh cranberries and a sprig of mint on a skewer.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 to make the remaining 3 mocktails.
Recipe source: Neil Bertucci