We're Hiring! Accounting Manager
Ingredient and Stunt Puppy Accounting Manager
Ingredient and Stunt Puppy are owned by the same parent company. They share one payroll and HR function. We are currently hiring an accounting manager to handle financial reporting and related human resources financial tasks (payroll, etc.)
Ingredient champions food companies that nourish communities and the world. We blend strategy, insight, and exceptional creative to craft celebrations of food and food culture that create profitable connections between our clients and their consumers.
About Stunt Puppy
Stunt Puppy designs, manufactures and sells gear for active dogs and their owners. Over 90% of its products are manufactured with its own employees and machines right in Minneapolis. Flexibility, customization and outstanding service have made the brand of dog-lovers all over the country.
At Ingredient and Stunt Puppy, we believe that eliminating systemic inequality and injustice towards underrepresented groups can only be attained when all aspects of our society are brought to bear: public, private, and personal. As part of our ongoing commitment to being a positive force for change, we encourage people from the LGBTQ and/or BIPOC communities, people with disabilities, and anyone from any marginalized group to apply for this position.
Position: .8 FTE
Benefits: Paid time off and holidays, retirement plan, health and dental insurance, flexible spending account, and long-term disability insurance
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation (AP, AR, Billing), financial reporting, HR, utilization, profitability and the budget and forecast activities. This position is .8 FTE (4 days/week) and will report to the Executive Group.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly compliance and insurance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Complete A/P, A/R, Billing process
- Reconcile sales from Stunt Puppy’s e-commerce site (Shopify) to QuickBooks Online.
- Manage budget and forecasting activities and reports regularly to company management.
- Collaborate with company leadership to support overall goals and objectives.
- Work with leadership on developing profitability and utilization methodology and tracking.
- Respond to inquiries from the Executive Group relating to financial results and special reporting requests.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the company.
- Manages in-house Human Resources such as payroll and other activities including:
Staff on-boarding and off-boarding
- Health and Dental
- Long-term Disability
- Additional company policies
- Lead renewal and implementation efforts
- Ongoing benefit management and updates (ACH, Deductions, etc)
- Vendor management
- PTO and Family Leave Administration
BA/BS in Accounting
Technical Skills/Prior Experience
Four to seven years prior experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area, including public accounting. Experience working in an advertising/marketing company or professional services firm is preferred.
Must be computer proficient and able to thrive in a fast pace setting. Experience with QuickBooks preferred. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
To apply, send a cover email/letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Accounting Manager.