We're Hiring: Senior Director of Content Marketing
We are seeking a Senior Director of Content Marketing. At Ingredient, this is a high-level position responsible for developing and overseeing content marketing strategies to drive brand awareness, engagement, lead generation, and customer retention for our valued clients. This person plays a critical role in shaping a brand’s identity and digital presence, driving customer engagement, and ultimately contributing to the brand’s growth and success.
What You’ll Do:
- Content Strategy Development: Create and implement comprehensive content marketing strategies, aligned with our clients’ business goals and objectives, to drive brand awareness, thought leadership, and customer engagement across various channels.
- Team Management: Build, lead, and manage a diverse team of content strategists, content planners, social media managers and social coordinators.
- Peer Collaboration: Coordinate closely with content production team leaders including the Creative Director of Culinary and Visual and the Creative Director of Copy and Brand.
- Content Planning: Oversee the planning and distribution and provide strategic direction for the creation of various content appropriate for channels aligned with our clients’ business objectives. Ensure the content is engaging, relevant, and tailored to the needs and preferences of the target audience.
- Audience Segmentation and Targeting: Identify and segment target audiences, and develop tailored content and messaging strategies for each group. Continuously analyze audience engagement and adjust content plans accordingly.
- Performance Measurement: Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and use analytics tools to track, measure, and report on content performance. Continuously optimize the content marketing strategy based on data-driven insights.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with other departments, such as copy, creative, culinary, account, business development, and reporting to ensure the content marketing strategy supports and amplifies their initiatives.
- Utilization Management: Manage and monitor team utilization allocating resources efficiently to maximize ROI.
- Business Development Consultation: Consult with the new business team to develop scopes of work, resource allocation, and pricing for potential new clients.
- Industry Trends and Best Practices: Stay up-to-date with the latest content marketing, including social media trends, tools, and best practices, and integrate new ideas and innovations into the company’s strategy.
- Partner and Influencer Relations: Oversee relationships with industry influencers, partners, and media outlets to expand the reach and visibility of the company’s content.
What You Bring:
- 7-10+ years of experience in content marketing, social marketing, digital marketing, or a similar role, with a proven track record of creating and executing successful content strategies.
- Interest and successful track record in managing and leading a diverse team of content and/or social media professionals.
- Interest and experience working in highly collaborative environments.
- Strong portfolio showcasing high-quality content strategies across various formats and channels.
- Expertise in using social media management platforms such as Sprout or Sprinkler and analytics tools to track and measure content performance.
- Experience with audience segmentation, targeting, and persona development.
- Passion for seeking industry trends, tools, and best practices in content and social marketing, and the ability to adapt and innovate based on new developments.
- Savvy in cultivating relationships with industry influencers, partners, and media outlets.
What do we offer?
At Ingredient, we believe that eliminating systemic inequality and injustice towards underrepresented groups can only be attained when all aspects of our society are brought to bear: public, private, and personal. As part of our ongoing commitment to being a positive force for change, we encourage people from BIPOC and/or the LGBTQ communities, people with disabilities, and anyone from any marginalized group to apply for this position.
We want you to bring your whole self to work. As a part of that commitment, we provide 40 hours of paid time per year for you to invest your time in your community. Take a Tuesday to clean up the park with your neighborhood group. Spend time Thursday mornings tutoring young people at a school that speaks to you. You get to pick. We support you. Just let us know when you’ll use this time so we can cheer you on.
We offer flexible paid time off, holidays, summer hours Memorial Day through Labor Day, 401(k) with match, health and dental insurances, flexible spending account and long term disability and life insurance, too.
Who are we?
We inspire connections between brands and consumers through the celebration of food and the culture that surrounds it.
We aspire to be a champion for our clients. To work with brands and companies we admire. To create work that elevates their success while allowing us to enjoy personal and professional fulfillment and build a sustainable organization recognized as a leader in food content marketing.
We value those who work with honesty and integrity, who engender trust in their peers, who thrive in an atmosphere of collaborative teamwork, who are motivated to achieve our shared goals, and who recognize and respect the unique contributions and life experience we each bring to our success.
How do we work?
Together, as a team. We collaborate. The work we do requires that we all participate and do our best work. At Ingredient, each person is heard and respected. If you are invited to a meeting it is because we want you in the room (or on the Zoom) and want you to contribute.
As a leader, your presence in the office is meaningful. At times, there will be meetings that are essential for you to attend in person. We expect that when important in-person meetings occur, you will be in the office to offer guidance and support to your team and colleagues. On days when there isn’t a need to be onsite, working from home is always an option.
To apply, send a cover email/letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Senior Director of Content Marketing.