Recipe developed by greens & chocolate
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist Dark Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 pints heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-12 ounce jar caramel sauce
- 1-12 ounce jar chocolate syrup
- 2 cups chopped toasted pecans
- Heat oven to 350º F.
- Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- While cake is baking, toast pecans in a sauté pan until fragrant or on a baking sheet at 350F for 5-10 minutes.
- In large bowl or stand mixer, combine whipping cream and powdered sugar and whip with electric mixer on high speed until medium peaks form.
- When cake is done baking, let cool completely and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large trifle bowl, line the bottom with one layer of cake pieces. Top with heavy drizzles of caramel and hot fudge, a sprinkle of pecans and cover with a layer of whipped cream.
- Repeat until all of the cake is used.
- Top with additional drizzle of caramel, chocolate, and pecans.